Gecko XIX® material has been designed for Pole Dance, amongst other activities that require a breathable, flexible material that also provides grip.
Gecko Grip™ Apparel provides an element of grip and should not solely be relied on, hands and alternate grip points, such as hips, armpits etc should be used at all times.
Consumers using Gecko Grip™ Apparel do so at their own risk and are personally responsible for any safety precautions that should be in place. For pole dancing, use safety mats and use ‘spotters’ (a trained professional pole dance instructor to physically support you) to ensure moves are executed safely. CXIX LTD (T/A Creatures of XIX®) take no responsibility for any misuse of Gecko Grip™ Apparel resulting in injury.
Gecko Grip Safety
In rare cases, friction burns similar to those you can get from silks can occur. For your first few times wearing, please check the skin regularly for friction burns. This usually happens when the garment isn't the right fit on parts of the body/leg. For example, if a legging fits fine up top but is a little looser on proportionately smaller calves, then the fabric is more prone to move and rub in that area - especially when pressed and pushed against a pole with bodyweight.
If you spot any signs of rubbing, reddening, soreness or other signs of a friction burn however minimal, do not use Gecko Grip. Please note we have tested these excessively and a majority of people will have no problems.
- Do be careful how you position yourself in pole dance moves, if sliding into positions or creating a high friction movement it will increase the rate of wear and tear.
- Do use Gecko Grip™ in your warm up, conditioning and stretching. They also make great non-slip yoga leggings (no non slip mat required!).
- Do use Gecko Grip™ for pole dance moves you are very confident in executing, and know your grip points.
- Do be cautious in positioning yourself every time you enter a pole dance move to ensure you have enough Gecko Grip™, before letting go with your other grip points such as your hands.
- Do check your Gecko Grip™ for wear and tear before each use. If the grip has worn it is time for a new pair.
- Gecko Grip™ will be damaged with high abrasion activity, combinations and drops. Avoid these for best use of your Gecko Grip™.
- Don’t use Gecko Grip™ for drops.
- Don’t use Gecko Grip™ for moves you have never tried, even if a spotter is present.
- Don’t use Gecko Grip™ if the grip is starting to wear off.
- Don’t use the Gecko Grip™ leggings if they are wet or if the aerial apparatus is wet.
- Don’t use Gecko Grip™ on poles that are not chrome, steel or brass.